Minimum Qualification Required: PhD in Computing, Maths, Engineering or a cognate discipline.
- Perform basic and applied research in line with the objectives and workplan of funded research projects, under direction from the project Principal Investigator(s);
- Contribute to the design and implementation of research prototypes and demonstrators;
- Disseminate research results via publications in scientific conferences and journals;
- Participate in the supervisory teams of postgraduate research students;
- Work with the project Principal Investigator(s) and the WIT Technology Transfer Office to protect and exploit developed intellectual property;
- Contribute to the development of research funding proposals;
- Contribute to internal TSSG research dissemination, knowledge sharing and training activities;
- Perform other tasks as set by the TSSG Research Unit Manager in order to progress the development of the unit.
The salary range for a Postdoctoral Researcher will be in line with the SFI Salary Scales (last updated October 2011):
The ranges are as follows:
- New entrants to the public service: €33,975-€46,255 (8 points)
- Existing public servants: €37,750-€46,255 (8 points)