Cybersecurity & Privacy Forum (CSP Forum) were recently represented at the eChallenges e-2014 Conference held in Hilton Templepatrick, Castle Upton Estate, Belfast , Northern Ireland on the 29th – 30th October.
CSP Forum is coordinated by WIT-TSSG and funded by the EU FP7 project Security and trust Coordination and Enhanced Collaboration (SecCord) for which it is the brand SecCord runs its clustering activities under. CSP Forum provides greater structure and support for enhanced collaboration for the Trust and Security research programme and its projects. CSP Forum explores new ways to develop and maximise the impact coming from clustering activities in this domain, making such information and access to state of the art research in the trust and security domain accessible to the wider community.
CSP Forums objectives include some of the following;
- Support Enhance collaboration between the trust and security projects, evolving the clustering activities of the projects.
- Demonstrate that the trust and security research programme is delivering tangible results with high potential impact.
- Provide greater visibility of trust and security research programme through a high-profile annual conference and a T&S research web repository portal that become recognisable brands.
- Increase the impact of trust and security project results by matching them with industry needs.
- Provide a forward, strategic perspective of the emerging and developing trust and security issues, challenges, requirements, and priorities.
Frances Cleary, WIT-TSSG, the coordinator of CSP Forum presented the paper “Innovative Trust & Security Research Outputs” which highlights the effectiveness of CSP Forum on the trust and research domain. The paper addresses the need to maximise the number of innovative trust and security (T&S) research projects that impact on the marketplace and provides an insight into the research to industry process, highlighting example barriers and recommendations for improvement. The paper also gives examples of such success stories of projects coming from the T&S research domain impacting the marketplace.
More information regarding CSP Forum can be found on the following link: https://www.cspforum.eu
Project Coordinator: Frances Cleary, Waterford Institute Of Technology, Telecommunications Software & Systems Group (WIT-TSSG)
CSP FORUM (Consortium partners of SecCord)
- Waterford Institute Of Technology (WIT)
- Hewlett-Packard Limited (HPLB)
- SAP AG (SAP)
- Universita Degli Studi Di Trento (UNITN)
Published by Alan Ryan, TSSG
14th November 2014.