Commencement Date: 1st February 2015
Minimum Qualification Required: BSc or BEng
- Work with the Project Technical Lead to develop requirements for software.
- Develop software using the appropriate technology set as specified by the Project technical lead.
- Develop Object Oriented software in Java or similar OO language.
- Develop unit test suites in conjunction with all software modules developed.
- Work with network protocols (both telecommunications and Internet).
- Utilise process management tools such as Redmine for time management and Bugzilla for defect management.
- Participate in function test, integration test and user acceptance tests.
- Work with the software test function to resolve defects promptly.
- Document any necessary processes or procedures.
- Engage in funding proposal creation and development.
- Initiation of and participation in the production of quality academic publications.
- Report to the Research Unit Manager.
Closing Date for Applications: 3pm Wednesday, 4h February 2015
To apply for this position please submit CV with accompanying letter/email specifying the position you are interested in to:
Ms Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resources Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford, Ireland.