Position: ArcLabs Incubation Centre Manager
(Ref. No. 015038)
Applications are invited for the post of ArcLabs Incubation Centre Manager at Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT). WIT’s ArcLabs (www.arclabs.ie) centres in Waterford and Kilkenny support a community of early-stage technology and service companies and are focal points for the Institute’s engagement with industry. Established 10 years ago ArcLabs has supported more than 60 start-up companies since its foundation.
We seek a dynamic and motivated individual with the necessary skills and experience to lead and grow our Incubation Centres through the next stage of development. The role involves hands-on support and mentoring of early stage companies as well as operational management and marketing of ArcLabs. The person plays a critical role in facilitating interaction between WIT and the start – up and SME communities. The Incubation Centre Manager is also a key interface with investors and enterprise support agencies.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership traits and an ability to think both strategically and creatively. The ideal candidate will have the necessary business skills and technical knowledge to support the development of client companies and to facilitate networks and collaboration between entrepreneurs, industry, investors and WIT’s community (e.g. students, staff, spin-out companies). The candidate will continue to strengthen ArcLabs’ relationship with WIT’s Schools and Departments, its research centres and student community.
This is a key role within WIT’s Research, Innovation and Graduate Studies Office reporting to the Industry Services Manager. The work environment is a team-oriented culture which embraces continuous improvement and strives for operational excellence and delivery of a quality service to clients and the Institute stakeholders.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for the strategic development of ArcLabs in both Waterford and Kilkenny.
- Develop and execute a business and operating plan for ArcLabs ensuring quality of service, support for its clients and long term sustainability of operations.
- Develop and implement incubation centre policies and procedures in line with best practice nationally and internationally.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for ArcLabs client companies.
- Develop networks of contacts with entrepreneurs, business partners, investors, professional service providers and support agencies positioning ArcLabs as a focal hub for open innovation and enterprise development
- Facilitate collaboration between ArcLabs clients and WIT’s staff and student base.
- Act as institutional contact for WIT’s collaboration with micro /SME through the innovation vouchers programme.
- Facilitate and encourage student participation in start-ups and provide services and support mechanisms to drive this agenda.
- Develop and lead new initiatives to ensure that ArcLabs continues to be an attractive option for start-ups.
- Enhance the ArcLabs ecosystem by deepening the integration with other innovation and enterprise development programmes at an institute, regional, national and international level.
The role is advertised on IrishJobs.ie – HERE