The successful candidate will maintain and enhance the Institute’s human resources by providing HR guidance and support to TSSG in areas including: 1) People Development and Recognition (2) Recruitment and Manpower Planning (3) Performance Management (4) Policies, Procedures and Systems and (5) People Support.
Waterford Institute of Technology – TSSG Senior HR Business Partner – 2 Year Contract – €45,000 to €61,400 PA
Job Title: TSSG Senior HR Business Partner
Commencement Date: Immediately
Reporting to: TSSG CEO (function reporting line to HR Manager of WIT).
Duration: 2 Years
Grade: Technical Officer
People Development and Recognition
- Review and manage new starter and leaver processes, including conducting inductions, training and exit interviews.
- In consultation with managers, determine staff development needs and priorities in order to ensure a total training plan that meets organisational and staff development needs.
- In conjunction with the CPD officer, provide staff with information on training activities.
- In conjunction with the HR office, track and monitor employment contracts and ensure job descriptions are up-to-date.
- Develop and conduct Employee Opinion Surveys to measure employee engagement.
- Develop an Employee Recognition Programme in conjunction with the Management team.
- Develop and introduce a TSSG Career Path Programme and continually develop as necessary.
- Coach and consult with management on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Partner with HR Manager in developing and implementing the practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship.
Recruitment and Manpower Planning
- Liaise with Recruitment Officer on all aspect of recruitment.
- Partner and support Research Unit Managers on organisation design, headcount planning and recruitment needs.
- Ensure adherence to all recruitment policies and procedures.
- Management of the TSSG Internship and Graduate Programmes.
- Ensure workforce planning is aligned with organisational strategy.
- Develop strong links to strengthen overall TSSG identity as an employer.
- Monitor and review the TSSG performance management system and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that annual and mid-year appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
- Assist in identifying and overcoming areas of concern with employees to maximise employee morale and motivation.
- Utilising the Performance and Development Review Process, facilitate the identification and prioritisation of development needs for TSSG, support the development and facilitation of specific programs to ensure training objectives are met.
- Management of performance through disciplinary procedure.
- Hands on management of grievances and disciplinary activities.
- Ongoing reviews of TSSG salary bands and adjust the bands with approval of HR Manager and TSSG senior Management, based on data obtained in the market place.
Policies, Procedures and Systems
- Contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support organisational goals.
- Provide HR guidance and direction to TSSG Management to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to Institute policies and procedures.
- Work with the WIT HR team in the development, updating and calibration of HR policies specific for TSSG and in the education and communication to employees.
- Implement, maintain and recommend HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organisation, and ensure that the staff handbook and HR wiki is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Monitor absence levels and highlight areas of concern.
- Provide guidance and support to managers, staff and students (approximately 120 people) on the full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, recruitment, performance management, people relations, learning and development and internal communications.
- Participate in various internal groups and committees across the Institute.
- Ensure that staff and students are informed and updated on key organisational issues.
- Maintain close and effective personal working relationships at all levels across the Institute.
- Manage the TSSG Placement programme, including the early recruitment of students from WIT programmes, their welfare while working in TSSG and their continuing relationship with the TSSG upon their return to WIT for their final year.
- Lead and/or support HR related cross functional projects.
- Provision of reports as required by TSSG Management and HR Manager,
- Attendance at HR function meetings.
- This role reports into the TSSG CEO and works within WIT’s HR policy environment, which is led by the HR Manager of WIT. The HR Business Partner will report progress to a weekly Senior Management Team meeting using a reporting template.
- The Senior HR Business Partner also participates in and leads part of the monthly all day managers meeting called the Monthly Review meeting. The Senior HR Business Partner will drive the HR sections of the meeting, reviewing monthly metrics with the research Unit managers and also identifying and resolving issues identified by the Unit manager
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Business, Industrial Relations or equivalent is required.
- CIPD qualified
- A minimum of six years of professional Human Resource generalist experience preferably in a high growth, changing environment.
- Strong understanding of current Irish Employment legislation.
- 10 years + experience working as a senior HR generalist/ business Partner
Specific knowledge and skills
- Excellent working knowledge of multiple Human Resources disciplines including, talent management, leadership development, performance management, engagement, resourcing, reward, leadership development and coaching.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Specific Personal Qualities
- Dynamic and versatile professional with highly developed interpersonal, relationship and stakeholder management skills.
Closing Date of Advert: 16:00 on Wednesday, 26th August 2015.
Salary Scale: TSSG Salary scale 45,000 to 61,400 euro per annum.
To apply for this position please submit a CV with accompanying letter/email. Please address to Ms. Caroline Corcoran, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519
At minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Please note applications will be acknowledged within three working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please see Irish Jobs