Department: TSSG (www.tssg.org)
Commencement Date: Immediately
Minimum Qualification Required: BSc in Computing or similar discipline
- Develop software in native Android, web frameworks such as AngularJS, Ruby on Rails or similar language / framework utilising agile development best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous integration, code reviews etc.).
- Work with the Project Manager and customers to develop requirements for software.
- Work with multiple projects and ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Utilise process management tools such as Redmine, JIRA, gerrit etc.
- Work with the software test function to resolve defects promptly.
- Document any necessary processes or procedures.
- Work with customers and travel to their sites (both National and International) as needed to support the product in production, identify enhancements and/or elicit requirements.
- Flexibility to work with customers in different time zones such as US West Coast and Japan.
Essential: BSc in Computing or similar discipline
Desirable: MSc in Computing or similar discipline
Minimum of 5 years of total relevant software development experience
Minimum of 3 years developing in native Android.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
Strong software engineering ability.
Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
Skilled at troubleshooting.
Experience working on projects using the Agile methodology.
Experience working with web technologies/frameworks e.g. AngularJS, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python or willingness to learn.
Specific Personal Qualities:
Must be able to work on own initiative.
Motivated, self-starter, excellent communication skills and works well in teams.
Excellent communication skills with fluent written and oral English.
Closing Date of Advert: 16.00 on Wednesday, 28th October 2015
To apply for this position please submit only a CV with accompanying letter/email. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number.
Please address to
Ms. Ruth Hennebry,
The Human Resource Office,
Waterford Institute of Technology,
Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519,
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Please note applications will be acknowledged within three working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer