TSSG are currently looking to hire a Senior Software Developer (with Android). The successful applicant will have a BSc in Computing or from a similar discipline and a minimum of 5 years of total relevant software development experience. Full details of the position can be found below.
- Work with the Project Manager and customers to develop requirements for software.
- Work with multiple projects and ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Develop software using the appropriate technologies according to agile development best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous integration, code reviews etc.).
- Develop software in native Android, web frameworks such as AngularJS, Ruby on Rails or similar language / framework.
- Work with database technologies – for example MySQL, Redis.
- Utilise process management tools such as JIRA, gerrit, Jenkin and git.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced developers – providing technical guidance and direction, developing their skills and competences.
- Work with the software test function to resolve defects promptly.
- Work with customers and travel to their sites (both National and International) as needed to support the product in production, identify enhancements and/or elicit requirements.
- Document any necessary processes or procedures.
- Flexibility to work with customers in different time zones such as US West Coast and Japan.
- BSc in Computing or similar discipline
- MSc in Computing or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of total relevant software development experience
- Minimum of 3 years developing in native Android Releases 4 and above, And possess a clear understanding of the differences in each release.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Strong software engineering ability.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Skilled at troubleshooting.
- Experience working on projects using the Agile methodology.
- Excellent problem solving approach and technique.
- Engage professionally and assertively with external customers.
- Experience working with any web technologies/frameworks preferably Ruby on Rails, or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of Android NDK.
Specific Personal Qualities
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Motivated, self-starter, excellent communication skills and works well in teams.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent written and oral English.
Commencement Date: Immediately
Application Procedure: For further details on this position or should you wish to apply for this position, please contact Jane Mahony at email@example.com.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.