The successful candidate will plan, design, develop, and execute the software testing of advanced telecommunications products. Candidates must have at least 3 years software test experience. The candidate should be able to work in a dynamic team environment and will be expected to display excellent time management, organisational and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Plan, design, implement and execute the Verification and Validation of a number of advanced telecommunications software products and report results efficiently and accurately to the Verification and Validation Manager and the Project Technical Lead.
- Work with the Project Manager and or Technical Lead and customers to define test requirements for software.
- Work with multiple projects and ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Testing software using the appropriate software configuration management tools while adhering to agile development best practices (e.g. test driven development, behaviour driven development, continuous integration, code reviews etc.).
- Proven experience in the following types of testing: Functional, Acceptance, Performance, Security, Scalability and Installation Testing.
- Testing and deployment of both iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Submission of Mobile Applications to their respective stores.
- Using technical specifications to design test specifications and procedures.
- Creating test specifications and procedures for specific projects.
- Troubleshooting and ability to learn new technologies.
- Testing software against test plans and technical specifications, investigating and reporting errors and defect tracking.
- Work with the software development function to investigate and verify defects promptly.
- Generating test harnesses, managing test data suites and configuring and controlling test environments.
- Improve strategies based on historical information covering quality, cycle-time and productivity performance.
- Identify areas for Improvement of products through process improvement.
- Utilise process management tools such as Redmine, JIRA, Gerrit, Jenkins.
- Document any necessary testing processes or procedures.
- Working in accordance with documented test procedures and processes.
- Work with customers and travel to their sites (both National and International) as needed to support the product in production, identify enhancements, elicit requirements and/or solve production test related problems.
- Flexibility to work with customers in different time zones.
- Help secure future funding streams by contributing to project proposals at European and national level.
- Responsible for the sharing of knowledge obtained on each assigned project.
Essential: BSc in Computing or similar discipline.
Desirable: MSc in Computer Science.
- ISTQB Foundation Level course completed and certified.
- Agile Scrum Master course completed.
Essential: 3 years of total relevant software test experience.
Desirable: 5+ years of relevant software testing experience.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Manual and Automated Functional Software Test Experience.
- Test Case and Test Planning experience.
- Experience of working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Excellent understanding of testing, the function of test, and the
- ability to articulate this to project teams.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Interest and enthusiasm for testing.
- Ability to master new products and new technologies.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail and methodical approach.
- Good organizational and inter personal skills.
- Creation of test procedures and test plans.
- Knowledge of Programming and or scripting languages.
- Experience in test automation, selenium RC, web driver,Appium, Performance Testing using tools such as JMeter, writing automation test scripts in Java and/or Ruby, working with Billing systems. Experience of testing multi-tier systems; Database, App Servers, Web and Mobile Apps on iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of source code control (e.g. SVN, Git,), project management tools such as JIRA or Redmine, Web Technologies (e.g. RESTful APIs, SOAP).
- Linux Skills.
- Strong software testing experience working with multiple
- Software testing types in an agile environment.
- Experience working with software test automation scripting language’s such as cucumber.
Specific Personal Qualities:
- Excellent communication skills with fluent written and oral English.
- Must be a self-starter that can work on own initiative.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to pick up new technologies and tools easily and like working
- in a fast paced environment.
- Skilled at troubleshooting.
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Experience in software test automation.