Job Title: 3D Artist (Ref. No. 018318)
Department: AR/VR Unit, TSSG (www.tssg.org)
Commencement Date: Immediately (twelve month contract)
Applications are invited for the position of 3D Artist to work on a range of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality projects.
Minimum Qualification Requirement: Degree in Art or equivalent professional experience (Fine Art, Digital Media, Game Design etc.).
The successful applicant for this role will work on a range of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality projects. To be considered for this role you should have experience in a range of applications including 3D Studio Max/Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox and creating high quality textures. A working knowledge of game engines such as Unity, Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent is also desirable.
- Design and create 3D assets that work within the technical constraints of games and VR titles.
- Creation of environments and props and the ability to create photorealistic high and low poly models.
- Create photorealistic or stylized textures including diffuse, specular and normal maps.
- Create efficient UV layouts that work within the limitations of the engine or platform being used.
- Help define the art style of any given title with project leads and other project stakeholders.
- Convert user requirements for projects into viable ideas.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams across multiple projects
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
- Assist in writing project proposals were required.
- Work with the product manager, customers, users, team members and others to develop concepts.
Please provide a link to portfolio samples or a PDF of some previous work with application
Essential: Strong portfolio of work.
Desirable: Degree in Art (Fine Art, Digital Media, Game Design etc.) or equivalent industry experience.
Desirable: 3+ years industry experience in either games, VR titles or animated movie/tv shows.
- Proven ability to work in the creation of environments and props for use in games or VR titles.
- Experience in a range of applications including Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Zbrush, Mubbox etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of current processes and techniques in 3D modelling, texturing, shaders, lighting and composition.
- Experience with creating content for a multitude of devices i.e. consoles, pc’s, vr, phones and tablets.
- Knowledge of Unity and/or Unreal Engine 4.
Specific Personal Qualities:
- Strong work ethic and desire to produce the highest quality environments and props.
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate creative concepts.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Games industry experience.
- Experience with VR technology.
Closing Date of Advert: 16.00 on Friday 6th January 2017
To apply for this position please submit only a CV with accompanying letter/email (including link to portfolio samples or a PDF of some previous work with application). Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post will be subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.