Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher (Ref. No. 018958)
Department: TSSG (www.tssg.org)
Commencement Date: Immediately
Minimum Qualification Required: PhD
The ideal candidate for this role will possess research expertise in the areas of Virtualised Networks and Infrastructures and/or Software Defined Networking.
- Possess research expertise in the areas of Virtualised Networks and Infrastructures and/or Software Defined Networking;
- Perform basic and applied research in line with the objectives and workplan of funded research projects, under direction from the project Principal Investigator(s);
- Contribute to the design and implementation of research prototypes and demonstrators;
- Disseminate research results via publications in scientific conferences and journals;
- Participate in the supervisory teams of postgraduate research students;
- Work with the project Principal Investigator(s) and the WIT Technology Transfer Office to protect and exploit developed intellectual property;
- Contribute to the development of research funding proposals;
- Contribute to internal TSSG research dissemination, knowledge sharing and training activites;
- Perform other tasks as set by the TSSG Research Unit Manager in order to progress the development of the unit.
Essential: Previous role as a researcher, or experience in an academic environment.
Desirable: 1 years’ work experience in a relevant area (SDN, NFV)
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
Essential: Software Defined Networking / Future Internet concepts and platforms
Desirable: Network function virtualisation concepts and research experience.
Specific Personal Qualities:
Desirable: Leadership, team work, presentation skills.
Closing date of advert: Friday, 24th March 2017
To apply for this position please submit only a CV with accompanying letter/email.Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post.
Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post will be subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.