Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher (Ref. No. 019178)
Department: TSSG (www.tssg.org)
Commencement Date: Immediately
Minimum Qualification Required: PhD
The successful applicant should have expertise in the areas of wireless networks, wireless network protocols, wireless channel modelling, Terahertz (THz) Communication.
- Possess research expertise in the areas of wireless networks, wireless network protocols, wireless channel modelling, Terahertz (THz) Communication.
- Perform basic and applied research in line with the objectives and workplan of funded research projects, under direction from the project Principal Investigator(s);
- Contribute to the design and implementation of research prototypes and demonstrators;
- Disseminate research results via publications in scientific conferences and journals;
- Participate in the supervisory teams of postgraduate research students;
- Work with the project Principal Investigator(s) and the WIT Technology Transfer Office to protect and exploit developed intellectual property;
- Contribute to the development of research funding proposals;
- Contribute to internal TSSG research dissemination, knowledge sharing and training activates;
- Perform other tasks as set by the TSSG Research Unit Manager in order to progress the development of the unit.
Essential: Previous role as a researcher, or in academic environment
Desirable: 1 years work experience in a relevant area (Wireless Communications)
Specific Knowledge and Skills
Essential: Networking, Wireless network protocols
Desirable: Terahertz communication, wireless channel modelling
Specific Personal Qualities
Desirable: Leadership, team work, presentation skills, self-motivated
Closing date of advert: Monday, 7th August 2017
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter via email to email@example.com. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519. Please note that hard copy will not be accepted.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.