Job Title: Software Research Engineer (Experienced)
Department: ENL, TSSG (www.tssg.org)
Commencement Date: Immediate
Salary: €31,000 – 51,000 p.a.
Closing Date: Friday 3 November 2017 @ 17:00 (GMT)
TSSG would like to invite applications for the temporary role of experienced Software Research Engineer. The successful applicant will have a BSc in Computer Science / BEng or equivalent and a minimum of 1 years’ software development experience.
- Work with the Project Technical Lead to develop requirements for software.
- Develop software using the appropriate technology set as specified by the Project technical lead.
- Develop unit test suites in conjunction with all software modules developed.
- Work with network protocols (both telecommunications and Internet).
- Work with database technologies – for example PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL Server.
- Produce project deliverables in a timely and professional manner.
- Experience in using data analytics and data visualisation tools.
- Work with the software test function to resolve defects promptly.
- Document any necessary processes or procedures.
- Work as part of a multi-site team, and attend
- Work with the Research Unit Manager to write proposals for future funding.
- Carry out other such duties as determined and directed by the Director(s) of TSSG that contribute to the achievement of the strategic initiatives of the organisation.
- Report to the Research Unit Manager or nominee.
Essential: BSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Similar
Desirable: MSc in Computer Science or Similar
Essential: Minimum 1 years’ software development experience
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced understanding of Software engineering principles and architectures.
- Understanding of Next Generation Networking Technologies
- Publication track record.
Previous experience on EU funded research projects.
Specific Personal Qualities:
- Motivated; self-starter;
- Interested in pursuing and developing own research agenda;
- Publication track record;
- Presentation skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter . Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519 quoting Ref: TSSG01C
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This role is subject to Garda Vetting
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.