Job Title: Marketing Assistant (Ref. No. 019679)
Location: Carriganore, Waterford
Commencement Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year
Closing Date of Advert: 16.00 on Monday, 11th December 2017
Minimum Qualification Required: Marketing Degree or equivalent
Assist with the development of and implement and administration of a communication strategy .
The position of Marketing Assistant a key position in establishing a nation-wide framework for the on-going applied research at TSSG.
The role will involve:
- Assisting with the development of and implement and administration of a communication strategy for each research thematic area with a focus on reinforcing the correct terminology while communicating and promoting the benefits of engaging with a research centre.
- Assisting with the production or implementation of marketing materials. Work closely with research units on their research thematic areas to produce content, sourcing and creation to ensure that content meets overall TSSG Marketing Strategy. Ensure it is delivered in a timely and effective manner and is compelling and appealing to target audiences. Create content plans and deliver content in line with those plans.
- Ensuring the consistency, accuracy and quality of internal and external communications and sales collateral produced for each research thematic area by proof-reading all content that comes through the team for design/publication.
- Assisting in the coordination of Internal and external events, including logistics, administration and co-ordination for all TSSG related activities, such as seminars, conferences and feedback of same.
- Executing a wide variety of details that involve direct mail, email broadcast campaigns, outbound calls, marketing trade shows and events, customer communications, media advertisements, promotions, and other marketing plans.
- Perform digital marketing techniques and consultancy that will help companies stay ahead in the product/customer innovation.
- Assessing and understanding the clients target audiences, where they are active online to recommending digital programs to reach and engage these audiences using the following skillset/ tools: SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email marketing, Mobile marketing, Analytics, Content Management/Marketing and Marketing Automation.
- Manage and understand customer data and data sources including its architecture in relation to digital marketing strategy for TSSG clients.
- Proactively keep abreast of assigned clients’ marketing and media plans, and provide technological solutions including rich media, site analytics and tactical plans.
- Tracking online and offline campaigns and assisting in the preparation of performance analysis reports of post campaign and identifying recommendations for corrective modifications.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of effective copy for website(s), while also maintaining content and keeping abreast of project content that is relevant to the main TSSG website.
- Help capture customer/partner insights through conducting market research such as customer questionnaires and focus groups.
- Delivery of Press Releases for projects, events and research .
- Monitoring online blogs for tracking communications related to the brand of the company and engaging with Research units to drive internal blog posts and external press releases
- Working internally with staff and their customers in developing case studies, references, and testimonials.
- Assist the commercial manager in securing funding for the group in relation to but not limited to innovation vouchers, innovation partnerships, European funds etc.
- Carry out other such duties as determined and directed by the Director(s) of TSSG that contribute to the achievement of the strategic initiatives of the organisation.
Essential: A level 8 qualification in Business Studies, Computing, Marketing or related discipline with a minimum requirement (2.2 or above)
2 years’ experience in the field of Digital Marketing, Marketing is necessary; in addition, experience for any of the following is an added advantage:
- Event Management and Planning
- Experience in creating and driving Marketing campaigns
- Digital Marketing experience.
The candidate must possess strong analytical skills, creativity, and communication skills, be a strong team player and works well under pressure to tight deadlines.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
Digital Marketing Skills to include:
- SEO specialist.
- Social media expert
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing.
- Content management/marketing.
- Marketing automation
- Designing and delivering marketing strategies with a creative flair.
- Strong Interpersonal, communication, analytical, organisational skills are paramount in this role including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Flexible approach and able to prioritise workload.
Excellent computer skills, proficient with all MS office applications and web browsers & Online Data collection platforms.
Specific Personal Qualities
- Work on one’s own initiative.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people.
Proven track record in achieving performance-related goals.
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519. Please note that hard copy will not be accepted.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.