Job Title: Senior Software Developer (x2)
Department: PAS, TSSG (www.tssg.org)
Salary: €46K – €61K p.a.
Commencement Date: Immediate
Closing Date: Monday, 13th November @ 17:00 GMT
TSSG are inviting applications for the temporary positions of Senior Software Developer (x2). The successful applicant must hold BSc in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or Similar. Closing date for receipt of applications is 13 November 2017.
- Work with the Project Technical Lead to develop requirements for software.
- Develop software using the appropriate technology set as specified by the Project technical lead.
- Develop Object Oriented software in Java or similar OO language.
- Work with Node.js. Use Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Develop unit test suites in conjunction with all software modules developed.
- Work with network protocols (both telecommunications and Internet).
- Work with database technologies – for example PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL Server.
- Utilise process management tools such as Redmine for time management and Bugzilla for defect management.
- Participate in function test, integration test and user acceptance tests.
- Experience in using data analytics and data visualisation tools.
- Work with the software test function to resolve defects promptly.
- Document any necessary processes or procedures.
- Work with the Research Unit Manager to write proposals for future funding.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time-to-time.
- Flexibility to Travel to project meetings (at EU and national level) a requirement for this position.
- Carry out other such duties as determined and directed by the Director(s) of TSSG that contribute to the achievement of the strategic initiatives of the organisation.
- Report to the Research Unit Manager or nominee.
Essential: BSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Similar
Desirable: MSc in Computer Science or Similar
Essential: Minimum 2 to 3 years’ software development experience
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
Advanced understanding of Software engineering principles and architectures.
Understanding of Agile Software development methodologies.
Essential: Advanced software development expertise. Java, Node.js, AWS, data analytics, data visualisation
Specific Personal Qualities:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about position
- Excellent Communication Skills, Customer interaction skills.
- Good Leadership and Presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach to problem solving
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to contribute to proposal development
- Flexibility to travel
- Interested in pursuing and developing own research agenda
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter . Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519 quoting Ref: TSSG03
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This role is subject to Garda Vetting
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.