Enterprise Week (March 2nd – 6th) was an opportunity to recognise the fine work carried out by local businesses across Ireland, it was also a chance for Local Enterprise Organisations to host events designed to help companies plan, start or grow their own business.
The South-East region hosted a number of events, and the TSSG Technology Gateway Team were on hand to participate and assist.
First up, Miguel (TSSG Technology Gateway Manager) attended the “Business Start-Up Seminar” in Kilkenny. The Seminar had a focus on helping entrepreneurs and start-up businesses understand and find out more about the services provided by organisations with a remit for enterprise development. It was a great opportunity for attendees to:
- Meet with representatives from a range of state agencies and organisations who support enterprise development.
- Hear from a panel of entrepreneurs – the real life experiences, the challenges and the opportunities.
- Find out more about the enterprise supports and funding available to support business start-up and development.
Miguel participated in the round table discussion with,
- John Duggan, Loanitt Ltd – IBYE National Finalist Best Idea Category 2019
- Kay Lyng, K Kajoux – an independent owned handmade Jeweller
- Helen Costelloe, The Cutting Vedge – a plant based Deli
- TJ Reid and Richard Connolly, TJ Reid Fitness
There was a lively discussion on how each company had started their business, they talked about how they sought advise and guidance from the LEO enterprise programmes. They highlighted how the network of supports and grants available to businesses through the LEO is crucial to businesses success.
Miguel, hosted the TSSG stand at the event where he outlined the Innovation Voucher bundle that companies can avail of. Miguel had the opportunity of engaging directly with start ups, businesses and potential clients of TSSG, while also being able to explain how the Innovation Voucher process with TSSG can benefit their businesses. There are three initial Innovation Vouchers a company can avail of as detailed in the poster below.
Later in the week, Carol (Business Development Executive in TSSG Technology Gateway) participated in the “Improving Efficiencies through Innovation and the funds to do it ” event in Wexford, providing further insights on the technologies and the research and innovation that TSSG can provide to local companies in the South East. The panel discussion gave the attendees an ideal opportunity to gain a better understanding of the supports available such as Innovation Vouchers, Agile Funding and Lean/Productivity Grants.
Carol shared the stage with,
- Dr. Patrick Lynch, Programme Director, Director/Founder and Senior Researcher at RIKON, WIT
- Stephen Rooney, Design and Gateway Manager at IT Carlow
- Jim Hoey, LEAN Consultant, James G. Hoey & Associates
Moreover the panel discussion was not only an opportunity for Carol to show what supports and services are available to business through TSSG, but also an opportunity to show how businesses can benefit by using a range of services available through different organisations such as TSSG, RIKON or the IT Carlow Gateway etc, and how these different services can complement each other to the ultimate benefit of the business.
If you would like to find out more about the Innovation Voucher process through TSSG and how we can benefit your business contact Miguel Ponce de Leon and Carol Faughnan. If you have any questions about how TSSG and our Technology Gateway can provide your business with cutting edge solutions please get in touch. Contact Us.