Make an impact whilst learning from those around you. You will work with some of the best, with supplementary learning and development to back up what you experience on the job; you will have everything you need to develop your career.
TSSG’s core strength is our people
Our Graduate Programme is a key element in building our high calibre talent base. We want graduates of the highest potential that have the skills and vision to succeed and excel in a fast-paced environment.
As a minimum requirement, applicants should hold a degree in computing, maths, engineering or equivalent (e.g. BSc/BEng).
Allows graduates to engage in cutting edge research
For commercial partners of TSSG sponsored by Enterprise Ireland and the European Commission. The role provides the opportunity to work on dynamic, state of the art research projects involving international consortia, under the guidance and mentorship of professional researchers and engineers.Current Vacancies
MSc in Computing
Graduate Programme Application Procedure
The Graduate Programme will be advertised in the first quarter of the year with interviews to be conducted in April / May (details to appear on this site). Applications should include a cover letter and CV detailing your interests, skills and experience to date.
- Engaging with leading edge commercial groups developing the next generation of ICT systems and products.
- Engaging with key industrial and research organisations throughout Europe.
- Travelling to partner locations for technical meetings, engaging directly with Enterprise Ireland, the European Commission and other supporting agencies to define future research direction.
- Work in these projects can be closely aligned to coursework allocated in the taught masters, and indeed in PhD programmes.
- Degree in computing, maths, engineering or equivalent (e.g. BSc/BEng).
- Object Oriented programming ability in Java or similar OO language.
- Knowledge of source code control and testing tools (e.g. SVN, Git, JUnit).
- Knowledge of Web Technologies (e.g. RESTful APIs, SOAP).
- Knowledge of database technologies – (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS-SQL Server).
- Ability to create test procedures and test plans.
- Strong organisational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven self-starter with drive and determination to succeed.
- Ability to work in a team and on own initative.
- Working on a diverse range of collaborative research projects, contributing to state of the art analysis, system architecture specification, software development and concept/prototype development, both internally within the TSSG and as part of distributed research team.
- Detailing technical, business, and conceptual requirements and system specifications for next generation communication systems – covering all aspects of TSSG research including Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Fog Data Analytics, Adaptive and Autonomous Algorithms, Movement and Gait Analysis, Pervasive Sensing, Biomedical Nano and Molecular Communications, Internet of Things, Knowledge Defined Networking, Fundamentals of Molecular Communication Systems, Terahertz Beyond 5G and Next Generation Internet.
- Initiation and maintenance of strategic relationships with other external research groups and relevant industrial parties.
- Analysis, design and development of software components.
- Timely delivery of project outputs in terms of documents, papers, whitepapers, software, prototypes, reports. And collaborating with our inhouse marketing team to promote all work being carried out.
- Ensuring the adherence of outputs to quality standards.
- Co-ordinating with external parties on delivery of project outputs.
- Bringing your ideas to fruition by engaging in funding proposal creation and development.
- Initiation of and participation in the production of quality academic publications.