Experienced UX / UI Designer/Developer
Title: Experienced UX / UI Designer/Developer
Department: Professional Software Engineering Services (PSES), TSSG
Location: Carriganore Campus, TSSG
Salary: €32,177 – €52,936 p.a. (TSSG Salary Band A, Scale 2)
Contract Duration: 12 Month Contract
Commencement Date: Immediate
Competition Reference: 023984
Closing Date: 16:00hrs (GMT) on Tuesday, 2nd June 2020
Minimum Requirement: BSc. in Multimedia Applications Development (or equivalent)
TSSG is seeking an Experienced UX Designer/Developer to join its Professional Software Engineering Services (PSES) Unit.
If you are interested in working in a unique research organisation within the higher education sector, TSSG offers a culture that promotes autonomy and the pursuit of individual interests and ideas. We are excited about opportunities that will create new technologies, advance existing ones and we will actively support the commercialisation process of these technologies. This provides you with the opportunity to explore your own creativity and work on cutting edge technologies across a variety of challenging projects, engaging, and collaborating with like-minded people. TSSG ultimately offers flexibility in a great working environment for those looking to embark on a challenge.
As part of your application, please provide links to any software code repositories AND / OR portfolios.
• Work with common graphic and interface design tools.
• Capture, analyse and interpret user goals and requirements
• Convert user requirements into user interfaces and media.
• Design with consideration of colour, screen-flow, usability, user-efficiency, consistency of the user experience and professional appearance.
• Work in multi-disciplinary teams across multiple projects, including product manager, customers, users, team members and others to develop concepts.
• Understand and design for all accessibility levels.
• Experience in web design and keep up to date in web design trends and developments.
• Develop design documents and artifacts for software.
• Work with UI technologies – HTML, CSS, JS.
• Develop software using the appropriate technology.
• Work on mobile app planning and development.
• Time logging of tasks and tracking.
• Report to the Research Unit Manager or nominee.
• Carry out other such duties as determined and directed by the Director(s) of TSSG that contribute to the achievement of the strategic initiatives of the organisation.
- BSc. Degree preferred in Computer Science, Multimedia or related field.
- 3+ years working in the design industry.
- Expertise in UX/UI software and tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and the like is a must.
- Experience working within agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with UX Research topics (design sprints, co-co-creation workshops etc.)
- Experience working in a commercial environment.
- Experience in marketing support such as design and release of promotional newsletters and email campaigns.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design, applying product cycles from requirements to concepts to finished products.
- Ability to create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of front-end development, HTML/CSS, JS,
- Ability to provide a broad range of digital and print material for both internal and external audiences such as branding, marketing collateral, technical diagrams, presentations etc.
- Experience with web analytical tools such as Google analytics.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization.
- Experience with REACT, Angular.
- Ability to collaborate and work with diverse and dispersed teams.
- Ability to mentor and share knowledge with junior researchers and designers.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly collaborative and team-orientated
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills
- A highly motivated self-starter with positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Very strong attention to detail and a passion for delivering high quality work.
- Hard-working and results-orientated
- Ability to work quickly under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about position
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter, providing links to any software code repositories AND / OR portfolios via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please include the competition reference number and job title in the subject line. Please address to Ms. Janet Ayers, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519, E-mail: email@example.com (only). Please note that hard copy will not be accepted.
At a minimum, candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.