TECHNICAL LEAD, CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT UNIT, TSSG
Title: Technical Lead (Ref No. 022599)
Department: Creative Development Unit, TSSG
Employer: Waterford Institute of Technology
Location: Carriganore, Waterford
Salary: €52,025 – €75,334 p.a. (TSSG Salary Band B)
Contract Duration: 12 Month Contract
Commencement Date: Immediately
Minimum Qualification Required: Degree in computing, visual communications, multimedia or related discipline and a minimum of 7-10 years’ relevant experience.
Closing Date: 16:00hrs (Irish Time) 10 October 2019
TSSG is seeking an Technical Lead to join its Creative Development Research Unit.
If you are interested in working in a unique research organisation within the higher education sector, TSSG offers a culture that promotes autonomy and the pursuit of individual interests and ideas. We’re excited about opportunities that will create new technologies, advance existing ones and we will actively support the commercialisation process of these technologies. This provides you with the opportunity to explore your own creativity and work on cutting edge technologies across a variety of challenging projects, engaging and collaborating with like-minded people. TSSG ultimately offers flexibility in a great working environment for those looking to embark on a challenge.
- ead advanced contract R&D, EI and EU projects.
- Drive commercial business development for Unit.
- Liaise with prospective clients and stakeholders to understand and interpret their business requirements, goals and identify appropriate solutions.
- Work with customers, users, team members and others to develop concepts, prototypes, refine interfaces and manage front-end development projects.
- Ensure delivery of projects to agreed schedule and specification.
- Ensure all stakeholders up to date with progress of projects.
- Co-ordinate resolution of technical issues across multiple teams.
- Follow and promote a SCRUM and test-driven development (TDD) approach.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced developers/designers – providing guidance and direction, developing their skills and competencies.
- Collaborate with the TSSG Research Units to ensure alignment with WIT governance and following best practice.
- Travel on behalf of the project(s) to national and international locations.
- Write proposals and secure personal and team funding.
- Team building, resource planning and recruitment.
- Administration and performance management.
- Perform Line Management
Report to the Research Unit Manager or nominee.
- Degree in computing, visual communications, multimedia or equivalent.
- Academic or industry recognised qualification in project management
- Previous experience successfully managing/leading a design team.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant design and development experience.
- Proven ability to successfully drive commercial business development for Unit runway.
- Demonstrable project management skills
- 7+ years commercial experience
- Managing Client Requirements
- Effort Estimation
- Project Delivery
- Project Management Experience
- Proposal coordination
- Negotiation skills
- Motivated, self-starter and enthusiastic
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Interested in pursuing and developing own research agenda
- Ability to apply initiative and work effectively as part of team.
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Please address to Ms. Janet Ayers, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519, E-mail: email@example.com (only). Please note that hard copy will not be accepted.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.