The Full5G project has a prime objective to facilitate the activities of the European 5G Initiative, as outlined in the 5G contractual Public Private Partnership (5G PPP), during its’ third phase from June 2019 to September 2021.
Also, Full5G assesses the achievements of the 5G PPP and the impact these results have had on the evolution of 5G in Europe throughout the life of the 5G PPP. This work also looks to the future and considers what additional actions are necessary to maintain the European momentum and leadership in 5G and facilitate the uptake of 5G by the European vertical sectors.
Full5G works to progress the 5G PPP high-level goal of maintaining and enhancing the competitiveness of the European ICT industry and seeking European leadership in the 5G domain. Part of the strategy to do this is to support activities where the 5G PPP can contribute to the implementation of the European 5G Action Plan, which was published by the EU Commission in September 2016.
The project also has the underlying ambition to ensure that European society, via the Vertical sectors, can enjoy the economic and societal benefits these future 5G networks can provide.
Another critical part of the anticipated Full5G project work is the review and promotion of the results of the 5G PPP as a whole. The project will prepare an Impact Analysis that will capture the impact of the PPP on the evolution of 5G in Europe and seek to correlate this to the social and economic trends emerging from the uptake of 5G.
As the 5G PPP initiative is maturing, Full5G recognizes that, in this third phase, the approach needs to evolve to assert the achievements and value of this global leading program. Therefore, Full5G provides in-depth support actions for the management and orchestration of 5G PPP project cooperation in support of the commitments of the 5G PPP contractual arrangement and mapping the strategic programme of the 5G Industrial Association. It also stimulates the 5G PPP initiative to produce strong positions and statements to support key international cooperation activities as well as having a proactive strategy to leverage relevant 5G PPP project outcomes.
The Strategic and Organisational objectives set in Full5G are being addressed efficiently and professionally based on the cumulative experience of the consortium and their collective experience in the 5G PPP to date.
Within Full5G, six work packages are running in parallel from M1 to 24 namely: WP1 5G Strategic Actions, WP2 5G PPP Program Communications, WP3 5G Stakeholder Involvement, WP4 5G PPP Organisation and Orchestration, WP5 5G PPP Events and Logistics, and WP6 Project Management. TSSG in WIT mainly contributes to the deliverables in WP2 and WP5.
The prime objective of Full5G is to facilitate the activities of the European 5G Initiative, as outlined in the 5G PPP, during its’ third phase from September 2019 to September 2021. Besides, the second prime objective is to capture and promote the achievements of the 5G PPP and monitor the impact these results have had on the evolution of 5G in Europe throughout the 5G PPP lifecycle.
Here is a summary of the Full5G objectives:
- Help the vertical industry sectors to realise the value of the 5G to accelerate 5G uptake in Europe.
- Improve the vertical sector stakeholder involvement in the validation of 5G services.
- Promote the 5G PPP high-level goal of enhancing the competitiveness of European ICT industries.
- Assert European leadership in the 5G domain – across research, development, and uptake.
- Organise and manage the inter-project collaborative infrastructure for concurrent 5G PPP projects during phase 3 of the 5G PPP.
- Stimulate, organise and implement strategic events and activities both in the inter-5G PPP project domain and in the public domain for the promotion of 5G PPP activities
- Provide an efficient infrastructure for the communications services, shared workspaces, repositories, websites, and social media of the 5G PPP community at large.
- Provide an online repository for public results of the 5G PPP for the sake of better archiving and easier access.
To-Euro-5G is the predecessor of Full5G and parts of the project achievements was introduced in https://tssg.org/2019/05/toeuro5g-an-introduction/. The latest progress and achievement of Full5G will be updated on the websites of TSSG and 5G PPP.
James Clarke, EU Strategic Liaison Manager, firstname.lastname@example.orgFunded under H2020-EU.2.1.1. with Grant Agreement ID: 856777