SPECIALIST AREA LEADER: Sean Lyons
We work on smart grid solutions for industry, particularly those that have a degree of flexibility in the timing of their energy use. This is done through modelling their usage profile and isolating the flexibility portion of their energy networks. This facilitates the optimisation of that load against the wholesale energy market and any available onsite generation. Industry can expect energy savings, more use of renewable technologies and reductions in their carbon footprint. From an industry perspective, this results in;
- Supply of detailed energy models for the site and buildings
- Analysis of energy profile in relation to season, weather, flexibility, etc.
- Predict upcoming energy requirements
- Potential sub metering of specific energy loads to provide further profiles
- Optimisation to electrical time of day tariffs
- Potential of availing of wholesale energy rates
- Potential of incorporating Renewable Energy technologies on site
- Optimisation between generation, load and market pricing and improving ROI
- Potential of increasing on site generation beyond baseload and using arbitrage
- Potential of improving the sites carbon footprint, corporate and social responsibility and leveraging green marketing credentials.
- Enable Energy Clusters via Peer to Peer Sharing.