Eamonn de Leastar
Eamonn de Leastar is a co-founder and Chief Technical Officer of the Telecommunications Software Systems Group (TSSG).
After graduation in 1982, he taught computer science at Dundalk Institute of Technology, where he was responsible for a range of new curricula within this sector. He then moved into industry, gaining significant experience in senior programmer, analyst, quality assurance and project leadership roles. This included periods at Wordstar International, developing some of the first work processors on the then newly established PC standard and at Contel Business Systems porting the Unix operating system to a new range of hardware. In the early 90s, while compiler group team leader at Glockenspiel Ltd, he oversaw the implementation of the first commercial C++ compilers on a range of platforms.
Since 1992 he has worked at Waterford Institute of Technology as a Lecturer in Computer Science, establishing the TSSG with colleagues in 1997. Prior to the establishment of the group his research interests were dominated by real time process control applications, where he developed and led the implementation of a range of control applications with Honeywell Measurex (calibration and head control systems) and Waterford Crystal (tank furnace monitoring). During this period he completed an MSc by research in process control- developing an innovative approach to controlling PLC devices via C++ application framework technology.
Eamonn de Leastar received a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science in 1982, and an MSc in Computer Science in 1994, both from University College Cork.
- Griffin, L., Ryan, K., de Leastar, E., Jennings, B. & Botvich, D. (2012). On the Performance of Access Control Policy Evaluation. In Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, POLICY ’12. Griffin et al. (2012b)
- Griffin, L., Ryan, K., de Leastar, E. & Botvich, D. (2012). Scaling Instant Mes- saging Communication Services: A Comparison of Blocking and Non-Blocking Techniques. International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence, 4, 120. Griffin et al. (2012a)
- Griffin, L., de Leastar, E. & Botvich, D. (2011). Dynamic Shared Groups Within XMPP: An investigation of the XMPP Group Model. In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE Symposium on Integrated Network Management, IM ’11. Griffin et al. (2011a)
- Griffin, L., Ryan, K., de Leastar, E. & Botvich, D. (2011). Scaling Instant Mes- saging Communication Services: A Comparison of Blocking and Non-Blocking Techniques. In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, ISCC ’11. Griffin et al. (2011c)
- Foley, C., Power, G., Griffin, L., Chen, C., Donnelly, N. & de Leastar, E. (2010). Service Group Management Facilitated by DSL Driven Policies in Embedded Middleware. In Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computers and Com- munications, ISCC ’10. Foley et al. (2010)
- Griffin, L., Elger, P. & de Leastar, E. (2011). Project Zeppelin: A Modern Web Application Development Framework. In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Formal Methods for Components and Objects, FMCO ’11. Griffin et al. (2011b)
- Griffin, L. & de Leastar, E. (2009). Social Networking Healthcare. In Proceed- ings of the 6th International Workshop on Wearable Micro and Nanosystems for Personalised Health, pHealth ’09. Griffin & de Leastar (2009)
- Griffin, L., Foley, C. and de Leastar, E. (2009). A Hybrid Architectural Style for Complex Healthcare Scenarios. In Proceedings of the Communications Work- shops, IEEE International Conference on Communication, ICC ’09. Griffin et al. (2009)
- Griffin, L. & de Leastar, E. (2008). A Model for IM and Media Driven Communication Services, In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Information Technology and Telecommunication, IT&T ’08. Griffin & de Leastar (2008)