MEPS Unit Manager
ORCID ID – https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1823-0157
Frances Cleary is a Research Unit Manager in TSSG, Waterford Institute Of Technology and actively leads a Division that has expertise relating to Virtual & Augmented Reality, Pervasive sensing, Embedded Systems Communications and Bio-Nano Communication (Telecommunications) and then moved to TSSG, Waterford Institute Of technology, TSSG research group where she has actively worked now for over 15 years. During this timeframe she has worked in multiple roles from Project Coordinator, Technical lead and also currently as Research Division Manager. She currently manages a Research Division with greater than 20 researchers/developers active in cutting edge research in the above thematic research areas.
Key active research areas of interest
- Healthcare Innovation and Informatics
- Etextiles and Smart Materials
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Geoflly Adonias, Anastasia Yastrebova, Michael T Barros, Yevgeni Koucheryavy, Frances Cleary, Sasitharan Balasubramaniam (2020) Utilizing Neurons for Digital Logic Circuits: A Molecular Communications Analysis.IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience (accepted):
- Ruisong Han, Martin Tolan, Ryan McCloskey, Frances Cleary , A novel emergency evacuation algorithm for vehicles based on vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication. European Transport Conference (ETC) Dublin 2019 (accepted)
- Nithin, Padmaprabhu , Martin Tolan, Ryan McCloskey, Frances Cleary , Autonomous Emergency Manoeuvring & Movement Monitoring for Road Transport Security – TransSec, European Transport Conference (ETC) Dublin 2018 (accepted)
- Nithin, Padmaprabhu , Steven Davy, Frances Cleary (2018) A GPS cloud based IOT solution for emergency vehicles to bypass traffic, European Transport Conference (ETC) Dublin 2018 (accepted)
- John Mc Loughlin, Steven Davy, Frances Cleary, David Ryan, Intelligent and Safer Junctions , Supporting Safer Cycling paper accepted to the International Cycle Safety Conference ICSC2016, 2-4 November 2016, at Bologna, Italy
- Ryan,F. Cleary et al, Innovative Trust & Security Research Outputs, echallenges 2014,29-31 October 2014, Belfast,Northern Ireland
- Frances Cleary et al, Effectsplus clustering of trust and security research projects, identifying results, impacts and future research roadmap topics accepted into echallenges 2012
- Eileen Dillon, Gemma Power, and Frances Cleary Grant, Experimental Testing in the Future Internet PERIMETER Project, International Workshop on the Future Internet of Things and Services FIS 2010
- Gemma Power, Eileen Dillon and Frances Cleary Grant, Seamless Mobile Communications for mHealth..In 12th IEEE International Conference on E-Health Networking, Applications and Services (IEEE Healthcom)
- Gemma Power, Eileen Dillon and Frances Cleary Grant, Seamless Mobile Communications for mHealth, accepted in the Journal of eHealth Technology and Application
- Frances Cleary Grant, et al 2010 QoE Testbed Infrastructure and Services: Enriching the End User’s Experience In TridentCom 2010, accepted to the 6th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities. Published in Tridentcom 2010, LECTURE NOTES OF THE INSTITUTE FOR COMPUTER SCIENCES, SOCIAL INFORMATICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING Volume 46, 2011, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-17851-1. LNICST 46
- E.Dillon, F. Cleary et al, ‘PERIMETER:A Quality of Experience Aware User-Centric Framework’, ICCCN2009.
- Lenny Ridel, F. Cleary et al, ‘ WG1: PERIMETER: Privacy-Preserving Contract-less, User Centric, Seamless Roaming for Always Best Connected Future Internet’, WWWRF.
- F. Cleary, Miguel Ponce De Leon, ‘ Testbed Infrastructure Supporting Pervasive Services’, Accepted to Tridentcom 2009 conference, Washington DC , USA, April 6th to 8th .
- Jürgen Jähnert , F. Cleary et al, ‘ The Daidalos University Scenario – Concept and Validation, Accepted to ICT Mobile Summit 2009 conference, 10 – 12 June 2009, Santander, Spain .
- F. Cleary, et al ‘Daidalos II: Implementing a Scenario driven Process’, Accepted to ICSEA 2008 conference, Malta October 36th to 31st 2008. Presented by Frances Cleary Grant. Paper awarded Best Paper.
- F. Cleary, et all ‘An Agile Software Process Successfully Implemented within an expanding Research and Commercial Organisation’,accepted to EuroSPI 2008 conference Dublin, Ireland.
- F. Cleary, Miguel P De Leon et al, ‘Daidalos Framework for successful Testbed Integration‘, Presented at tridentcom conference, 2007, Orlando, Florida.
- F. Cleary, Miguel P De Leon, M. Garcia Moreno et al, ‘Large scale interoperability, integrating the Daidalos project‘, Presented at echallenges conference, 2006, Barcelona.
Editor Springer Books ( Future Internet and Cybersecurity and Privacy EU Forum ):
- Future Internet Assembly 2011: Achievements and Technological Promises (Editor Frances Cleary et all)
- The Future Internet : Future Internet Assembly 2012: From Promises to Reality (Editor Frances Cleary et all)
- The Future Internet – Future Internet Assembly 2013:Validated Results and New Horizons (Editor Frances Cleary et all)
- Third Cyber Security and Privacy EU Forum, CSP Forum 2014, Athens, Greece, may 21-22, Revised Selected Papers,Communications in Computer and Information Science ( Editor Frances Cleary, Massimo Felici ), ISBN 978-3-319-12574-9, http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319125732
- Fourth Cyber Security and Privacy EU Forum, CSP Forum 2015, brussels, Belgium, April 28-29th, Revised Selected Papers,Communications in Computer and Information Science (Editor Frances Cleary, Massimo Felici ), ISBN: 978-3-319-25359-6 (Print) 978-3-319-25360-2 (Online) . http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-319-25360-2
Reviewer : IEEE Letters of the Computer Society , IEEE Internet of Things Journal