Research Project Manager
ORCID ID – https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8518-4202
Gary Mc Manus graduated from Waterford Institute of Technology with an honours degree in Computer Science, and has over 20 years experience in the IT industry. He has amassed extensive experience in the development of products and through his work in the WIT/TSSG has managed a number of international and national projects. Gary has a wide range of experience in managing projects and people, both at an administrative level and technical level, more recently managing the Carelink project in the eHealth domain focussing on dementia and before that the H2020 Aquasmart project dealing with Big Data for the aquaculture industry.
- Luis-Ferreira, F. et al. (2019) ‘Survey on assistive technologies for people with Dementia’, IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, 22(6). doi: 10.1109/MIM.2019.8917903.
- Marcelino-Jesus, E. et al. (2018) ‘A training programme to support aquasmart project exploitation’, in MCCSIS 2018 – Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems; Proceedings of the International Conferences on e-Learning 2018.
- Bhargava, K., McManus, G. and Ivanov, S. (2018) ‘Fog-centric localization for ambient assisted living’, in 2017 International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation: Engineering, Technology and Innovation Management Beyond 2020: New Challenges, New Approaches, ICE/ITMC 2017 – Proceedings. doi: 10.1109/ICE.2017.8280050.
- Luis-Ferreira, F. et al. (2017) ‘An architecture to support wearables in education and wellbeing’, in 14th International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in the Digital Age, CELDA 2017.
- Luís-Ferreira, F., Sarraipa, J. and McManus, G. (2017) ‘Sensorial experience extensions in learning environments’, in ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Proceedings (IMECE). doi: 10.1115/IMECE2017-71983.