Miguel Ponce De Leon
Technology Gateway Manager
Miguel is the Technology Gateway Manager at the TSSG, were he is responsible for engaging with industrial R&D activities, helping start-ups, micro-SME’s, SME’s and Multinational companies with their research and innovation. Miguel helps to capture feedback on the work of the TSSG in the community gathering new requirements for research and service offerings towards industry.
Miguel is responsible for managing industrial client relationships and leading a team of executives to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Over the last 15 years at the TSSG Miguel has been a Principal Investigator working with a focus on software development for realtime communications. Miguel has 25 years experience in the ICT industry and has participated in over 35 national and international research – innovation projects, collaborated with over 150 partners, and helped to engineer solutions in future networks, smart grids and living labs. Miguel has played a lead role in transitioning research into innovative commercial entities, assisting many Irish companies with technology transfer.
Miguel Ponce de Leon is a graduate from the Waterford Institute of Technology where by 1996 he held a Bachelor of Technology Honours Degree in Electronic Engineering.
General Chair of TridentCom 2008 and Technical Programme Committee member and Demonstration Chair of TridentCom.
ORCID ID= 0000-0002-5364-2782
- David Ryan, Miguel Ponce De Leon, Niall Grant, Bernard Butler, Steffen Vogel, Markus Mirz, and Pádraig Lyons. “Deriving policies from connection codes to ensure ongoing voltage stability.” Energy Informatics 2, no. 1 (2019): 1-14.
- M. Ponce de Leon, R. Ranganathan, D. Bainbridge, K.Ramanarayanan, A. Corston-Petrie, E. Grasa, “Multi-operator IPC VPN slices: applying RINA to overlay networking”, 2019 22nd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks and Workshops (ICIN), Paris, 2019.
- E. Grasa, M. Ponce de Leon, S. van der Meer, D. Lopez and M. Tarzan, “Open multi-access edge computing and distributed mobility management with RINA,” 2017 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN), Berlin, 2017.
- Barron, Jason and Crotty, Micheal and Elahi, Ehsan and Riggio, Roberto and Lopez, Diego R and Ponce de Leon, Miguel, “Towards self-adaptive network management for a recursive network architecture”, Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), 2016 IEEE/IFIP.
- Elahi, Ehsan and Barron, Jason and Crotty, Micheal and Ponce de Leon, Miguel and Mijumbi, Rashid and Davy, Steven and Staessens, Dimitri and Vrijders, Sander, “On Load Management in Service Oriented Networks (Short Paper)”, 5th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Networking (Cloudnet), 2016.
- Ramon Martin De Pozuelo, Miguel Ponce de Leon, John Howard, Alan Briones, Jerry Horgan and Julia Sánchez, “Software Defined Utility: a step towards a flexible, reliable and low-cost Smart Grid”, 5th International Conference on Smart Grid Systems (ICSGS 2016).
- Elahi, Ehsan, Jason Barron, Micheal Crotty, Miguel Ponce de Leon, and Steven Davy. “Load Balancing in Recursive Networks using Whatevercast Names.” IT&T (2015).
- Matos, M. Ponce de Leon, R. Ferreira, J.P. Barraca, An open source software forge for European projects, Proceedings of the Workshop on Open Source and Design of Communication, OSDOC 2013, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 41-45.
- Kielthy, A. Kiely, C. O’Connor, M. Ponce de Leon, DSM of Electric Vehicle using Future Internet. Balancing the grid in cases of unplanned event causing frequency instability. 2nd International Conference on Smart Systems, Devices and Technologies, June 2013.
- Ponce de Leon, M., Sanders, R., Meland, P. H., Egea, M., & Dooly, Z., Aniketos: Challenges and Results. In Trust, Privacy and Security in Digital Business (pp. 234-235). Springer Berlin Heidelberg, August 2012.
- Trouva, E. Grasa, J. Day, I. Matta, L. T. Chitkushev, S. Bunch, M. Ponce de León, P. Phelan, X. Hesselbach-Serra, Transport over Heterogeneous Networks Using the RINA Architecture, WWIC 2011, June 2011.
- Trouva, E. Grasa, P. Phelan, M. Ponce de Leon, J. Day, I. Matta, L. Chitkushev, S. Bunch, Is the Internet an unfinished demo? Meet RINA!, TNC 2011, May 2011.
- Boudjemil, P. Phelan, M. Ponce de Leon, S. van der Meer, A Case Study for defining Interoperable Network Components using MDD, EMS 2010, Nov. 2010.
- Phelan, Z. Boudjemil, M. Ponce de Leon, S. van der Meer, An Introduction to Network Stack Design using Software Design Patterns, MACE 2010, Oct. 2010.
- Ponce de Leon, A. Adhikari, A User Centric Always Best Connected Service Business Model for MVNOs, Second International Workshop on Business Models for Mobile Platforms, BMMP, Berlin, Germany, Oct, 2010.
- Ponce de Leon, S. Mao, F. Steuer, J. Schumacher, T. Magedanz, R. A. Beyah and S. Midkiff, Advances In Wireless Test beds and Research Infrastructures, From the issue entitled “Special Issue on Advances In Wireless Test beds and Research Infrastructures. Guest Editors: Miguel Ponce de Leon, Shiwen Mao, Frank Steuer, Jens Schumacher, Thomas Magedanz, Raheem A. Beyah, and Scott Midkiff”, Mobile Networks and Applications, Volume 15, Number 3, 311-314, DOI: 10.1007/s11036-010-0230-1.
- Strassner, M. Ponce de Leon, A Modelling and Reasoning Framework for Representing and Orchestrating Service Level Agreement Behaviour, eChallenges 2009, Oct. 2009.
- Strassner, S. van der Meer, B. Jennings, M. Ponce de Leon, Semantic Mediation to Enable Network and Service Management Interoperability in Future Internet Networks, in Proc. e-Challenges 2009, Instanbul, Turkey, October 2009 [Winner: Best Paper]
- Strassner, S. van der Meer, B. Jennings, M. Ponce de Leon, An autonomic architecture to manage Ubiquitous Computing networks and applications, First International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks, ICUFN 2009, June 2009
- Dudkowski, M. Brunner, G. Nunzi, C. Mingardi, C. Foley, M. Ponce de Leon, C. Meirosu, S. Engberg, Architectural principles and elements of in-network management, IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management, IM ’09, June 2009
- Cleary Grant, M. Ponce de Leon, J. Horgan, Testbed infrastructure supporting pervasive services, 5th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks & Communities and Workshops, TridentCom 2009, April 2009.
- Strassner, S. van der Meer, M.O. Foghlu, M. Ponce de Leon, W. Donnelly, Autonomic Orchestration of Future Networks to Realize Prosumer Services, International Conference on Future Networks, March 2009
- Ponce de Leon, Management of Future Communication Networks and Services, ConvergedNetworks 2008, Sept 2008
- Söllner, C. Görg, K. Pentikousis, J. Mª Cabero Lopez, M. Ponce de Leon, P. Bertin, Mobility Scenarios for the Future Internet: the 4WARD approach, WPMC 2008, Sept 2008
- Christopher Foley, Sasitharan Balasubramaniam, Eamonn Power, Miguel Ponce de Leon, Dmitri Botvich, Dominique Dudkowski, Giorgio Nunzi, and Chiara Mingardi, A Framework for In-Network Management in Heterogeneous Future Communication Networks, MACE 2008, Sept. 2008
- Johnsson, J. Huusko, T. Frantti, F-U Andersen, T-M-T. Nguyen, M. Ponce de Leon, Towards a New Architectural Framework – The Nth Stratum Concept, MobiMedia 2008, July 2008
- Ponce de Leon, C. Fahy, Technology Platform for a European Network of Living Labs, Living Labs in Europe – A new approach for human centric innovation in service and business development, Book Chapter 4: Technology Platform for the ENoLL, Feb. 2008.
- Ponce de Leon, Karl A. Hribernik, Mats Eriksson, Virtual Laboratory Environments – through the infrastructure of the Living Labs, Encyclopedia of Networked and Virtual Organizations, Book Chapter, Feb 2008.
- Fahy, M. Ponce De Leon, S. van der Meer, Modelling Behaviour and Distribution for the Management of Next Generation Networks, Whitestein Series in Software Agent Technologies and Autonomic Computing, Book Chapter, 2008.
- Fahy, M. Ponce De Leon, A. Stahlbrost, H. Schaffers,P. Hongisto, Services of Living Labs and their Networks, eChallenges 2007, Oct 2007.
- Cleary Grant, M. Ponce De Leon, Marta GARCÍA MORENO, Antonio ROMERO VICENTE, Mark Roddy, Large Scale Research Project, Daidalos Evaluation Framework, The European Conference on Information Management and Evaluation (ECIME) 2007, Sept. 2007.
- M Ponce de Leon, W. Yao, M. Angel Diaz, Scenarios Designed for the Verification of Mobile IPv6 Enabling Technologies, Federation of Telecommunications Engineers of the European Community (FITCE) Congress 2007, Aug. 2007.
- Cleary Grant, M. Ponce de Leon, Marta GARCÍA MORENO, Antonio ROMERO VICENTE, Mark Roddy, Czeslaw Jedrzejek, Daidalos Framework for Successful Testbed Integration, Tridentcom 2007, May 2007.
- Ponce de Leon, F. Cleary, Marta GARCÍA MORENO, Ana SOBRINO JULAR, Antonio ROMERO VICENTE, Mark Roddy, Paul Ryan, Czeslaw Jedrzejek, Large scale interoperability, Integrating the Daidalos project, eChallenges 2006, Oct 2006.
- Ponce de Leon, M. Eriksson, S. Balasubramaniam, W. Donnelly, Creating a distributed mobile networking testbed environment – through the Living Labs approach, Proceedings of 2nd International IEEE/Create-Net Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom), Barcelona, Spain, March, 2006
- McGibney, M. Ponce de Leon, J. Ronan, Security for Heterogeneous Mobile Network Services, eChallenges, Ljubljana, Slovenia, October 2005.
- McGibney, J. Ronan, M. Ponce de Leon, Securing Mobile Services, Euro mGov 2005, Brighton, UK, July 2005.
- Zach, D. Parker, L. Fallon, C. Unfried, M. Ponce de Leon, S. van der Meer, N. Georgalas, J. Nielsen. “CELTIC Initiative Project Madeira: A P2P Approach to Network Management”, Eurescom Summit 2005 Ubiquitous Services and Applications Exploiting the Potential, Heidelberg, Germany, 27 – 29 April 2005.