P: +353 (0)51
Nouman Ashraf received the B.S. degree in electrical (telecommunication) engineering and M.S. degree in electrical (control systems) engineering from COMSATS University, Islamabad, Pakistan, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. He has completed his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Frederick University, Nicosia, Cyprus, under Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
His research interests include application of control theory for algorithms designing in emerging intelligent networks.
– Ashraf N., Hassan A., Qureshi H. K., Lestas M., “Combined Data Rate and Energy Management in Harvesting Enabled Tactile IoT Sensing Devices”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Volume 15 , Issue 5, Pages 3006-3015, 2019.
– Ashraf N., Faizan M., Asif W., Qureshi H. K., Iqbal A., Lestas M., “Energy Management in Harvesting Enabled Sensing Nodes: Prediction and Control” Elsevier- Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA), Volume 132, Pages 104-117, 2019.
– Ashraf N., Asif W., Lestas M., Muttukrishnan R., ” Aggregator based demand response for the smart grid using blockchains: A utility function approach”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. (under review, revised version to be submitted).
– Ashraf N., Saeed T., Ansari R. I., Lestas M., Liaskos C., Pitsillides A., “Feedback Based Beam Steering using Intelligent Metasurfaces”, IEEE Middle East & North Africa COMMunications Conference, MenaComm, Manama, Bahrain, November 2019.
– Masood A. B., Lestas M., Qureshi H. Q., Christofides N., Ashraf N., Mehmood F., “Closing the Loop in Cyber-Physical Systems using Blockchain: Microgrid Frequency Control Example”, IEEE Middle East & North Africa COMMunications Conference, MenaComm, Manama, Bahrain, November 2019.
– Ashraf N., Lestas M., Saeed T., Taghvaee H., Abadal S., Liaskos C., Pitsillides A., “Extremum Seeking Control for Beam Steering using Hypersurfaces”, IEEE European Control Conference (ECC2020), (under review).
– Ashraf N., Christofides N., Lestas M., “Combined Data Rate and Energy Management in Wireless Sensor Networks with Energy Harvesting Capability” In Proc. IEEE 57th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2018), FL, USA, December 2018.
– Ashraf N., Javaid S., Lestas M., “Logarithmic Utilities for Aggregator Based Demand Response” In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications, Control, and Computing Technologies for Smart Grids (SmartGridComm 2018), Aalborg, Denmark, October 2018.
– Ashraf N., Polycarpou A., Ioannides Y., Michael M., Lestas M., “Linear Static Parametric Models for Online Parameter Identification of Power Load Models, In Proc. IEEE Powertech 2017, Manchester, United Kingdom, June 2017.
– Ashraf N., Asif W., Qureshi H. K., Lestas M., “Energy Management in Harvesting Enabled Sensor Networks”, In Proc. IEEE 13th Wireless On-demand Network Systems and Services Conference (WONS2017), pp. 57-60, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA, February 2017.
– Nazir S., Ashraf N., Ahmad I., “Backstepping based control of heave-induced pressure deviations in managed pressure drilling”, In Proc. 11th International Conference on Control (CONTROL) (IEEE UKACC), pp. 1-6, Belfast, UK, September 2016.
– Ashraf N., Ijaz B., Alimgeer K. S., “Compact microstrip triangular patch antenna with meandered ground plane for GPS and CNSS applications” In Proc. 6th International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation, and EMC Technologies (IEEE MAPE), Shanghai, pp. 36 – 39, China, October
– Zahid M. N., Jiang J., Ashraf N., Nazir S., “Tri Band Circularly Polarized Micro-strip Patch Antenna for GPS and DVB-H Applications”, In Proc. IEEE 16th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan, January 2019.