System Test Analyst
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-9992-2261
Phelim has 20 years experience in the IT industry working in a variety of roles and companies. Starting his career with Intel he rose to the position of technical/project lead at their R&D facility in Oregon. Here he was responsible for coordinating and executing the development, testing and deployment of numerous mission critical products into Intel’s manufacturing sites worldwide.
On moving back to Waterford he spent time as a Test Engineer with Waterford Technologies. Following this he worked as a consultant project manager specialising in IT project delivery in the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry. In 2006 Phelim joined the TSSG Verification and Validation team and has facilitated on projects such as iServe, Muzu, FeedHenry and Kodacall – leading the TSSGs agile development process and quality function. Presently he is working within the PSES unit on the EU INTERREG piSCES and RegEnergy projects
- Bachelor Technology Degree, Computer Aided Manufacturing, WIT 1996
- Phelim Dowling, Kevin McGrath. Using Free and Open Source Tools to Manage Software Quality, An agile process implementation. Communications of the ACM, Volume 58, Issue 7 June 2015, pp 51–55 ,https://doi.org/10.1145/2755503
- Phelim Dowling. Successfully Transitioning a Research Project to a Commercial Spin-out using an Agile Software Process. Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (1), Jun 2013.
- Christos Tranoris, Spyros Denazis, Nikos Mouratidis, Phelim Dowling, and Joe Tynan. Integrating OpenFlow in IMS Networks and Enabling for Future Internet Research and Experimentation, pages 77–88. FIA Book Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, May 2013.
- Phelim Dowling, Kevin McGrath, and Gemma Power. Managing Mobile Application Quality through an Agile Software Process. In Proc. 20th European Systems and Software Process Improvement and Innovation Conference (EuroSPI 2013) , 2013.
- Frances Cleary Grant, Phelim Dowling, and Catherine Kehoe. An Agile Software Process Successfully Implemented within an expanding Re-search and Commercial Organisation. In Proc. 16th European Systems and Software Process Improvement and Innovation Conference (EuroSPI 2008) , 2008.